Thursday, May 24, 2012

David Castro (Nevarez-7th Period)


When I was told I was going to have to interview an adult about their job, I was nervous at first. I didn’t know want to be the one to interview the interviewee. I sat down in my chair and looked around for who I was interviewing. I looked at the paper that I had to write my notes on. My job was to take down important notes on what our interviewee said about his job and his life. David Castro was our interviewee, he works as a project coordinator and he goes to Loyola University.

David wanted to be a lawyer when he started his college career. After his freshman year he decided to change his career choice so he could help his community. He first chose to be a lawyer because he was good at debating on the debate team. He saw that kids in the community were struggling to get into schools and staying off the streets. As a profession, David organizes projects in his community and that helps children so they can get a better education.

David is humble because he didn’t consider himself to be a community hero. He believes that what he does is just what he feels he needs to do. I believe he is a hero because he helps people in his daily life. He does this by helping to organize activities so that kids can have something to do in the community. This makes him a hero because he keeps some kids off the streets.

Written by Lyiah M.

No comments:

Post a Comment