Thursday, May 24, 2012

David McDowell (Nevarez-7th Period)


The bell rings, time to head to room 400, today is the day that we interview, I thought to myself. I was not nervous because I know I’m going to have to interview and be interviewed in life like to get a job, or a scholarship. I was prepared, we had our questions ready and everyone know their jobs. Mrs. Nevarez told us who we were interviewing and we all sat in the back left side of the room.
            David Mc. Dowell was sitting in front of me waiting for me to ask the first question. I have to admit it was kind of scary, and so we began. “What do you do in your career?” I asked, “Well, I don’t just focus on immigration rights I help the community on the problems they have.” said David Mc. Dowell. He is a man that helps with the problems in the community like drop out rate undocumented students and parents. Mc. Dowell shared with us that his mother was not a fan of his career although she still supports him in his decisions and what he wanted to do. His father helped him get to his career but passed away before he got the job.
            David Mc. Dowell is a community hero because he helps the south side community of Chicago with the problems they face, and things they are bothered on. Mc. Dowell organized a undocumented meeting but said they have not gotten any response from it. He organized meetings and helps people by making a change.

Written by Sandra M.

No comments:

Post a Comment